He knows something you might not. Did you know that tulips are toxic to cats? Have a look at what they did to this cat! He’s been sitting there literally stoned, for many, many years.
Seriously, the bulbs are apparently where the real danger lurks, but any part of the plant can cause harm. The cat doesn’t have to consume very much for it to be a lethal dose.
Mind you this cat has shown no symptoms. He could have been affected by the allergenic lactones, that might have caused vomiting, diarrhoea and depression, even death. But wait, he is looking a little depressed. His ears are definitely not in a happy way.
So be careful, the dangerous dosage is less than one leaf.
And if that’s not bad enough… That beautiful bouquet of tulips on the table contains yet another threat.. If your poor old moggie takes a drink from the vase, he could be ingesting poison in the water.
They’e poisonous to other animals as well. But that’s another post…